How Much Do Uber Eats Drivers Make in 2022 ( Full Details about Driver, Work, Sign Up and More)
Millions of people around the world use Uber Eats to get speedy on-the-go meals. The food delivery industry is emerging enormously these days and several food delivery services such as Uber Eats are constantly searching for drivers to deliver the food to the consumers.
This is probably the best time to look into the opportunity of working as an Uber Delivery Driver and deciding whether this job is an ideal choice for your lifestyle. Just go through the entire article to know how much money you can make as an Uber Eats Driver and how you can make the most of it.
What is Uber Eats?
Uber Eats is a popular food delivery platform launched by Uber in 2014 through which customers can order their favorite food from various restaurants around the town.
Also Read: 15 Best Press Release Distribution Services 2021 (Free and Paid)
How does Uber Eats Work?
The working of Uber Eats is straightforward. For sure, for this food delivery system to work efficiently there need to be some middlemen who pick up the food from the local restaurants and deliver it to the consumers. The restaurants usually don’t depend entirely upon their personnel to make the delivery. Instead, these restaurants rely on the independent contractors that are provided by Uber Eats as its outsourced delivery partner. Here you come into the scene.
Additionally, you can use your own vehicle to work as an Uber Delivery Driver just like you do as a rideshare driver. In some cities, you can even use the alternative forms of transportation such as:
Soon after you finish downloading the Uber Eats App and Sign up as a Driver, you’ll receive an order and will be redirected to a restaurant. Now, you will be responsible for picking up the food order and deliver it to the consumer. However, the working is not as simple as it seems, there are multiple factors that determine your overall earnings as an Uber Delivery Driver.
Also Read: How Much Does an Uber Driver Make? ( Full Details about Uber Driver, Work, Sign Up and More)
How to Become an Uber Eats Driver?
You don’t need to be highly qualified in order to become an Uber Eats Driver as they are not much strict about the driver requirements. Most people should be able to successfully apply to become an Uber Eats Driver. Here are a few requirements that you must meet in order to become an Uber Delivery Driver:
- You must be at least 19 years or older (18 years if you are riding a bike for deliveries or delivering the food by walking, that Uber does allow).
- You must hold a valid American driving license that has been active for at least 1 year as Uber wants experienced drivers to carry out daily operations.
- You’ll be asked to show the proof of active auto insurance along with vehicle registration.
- You must be able to handle huge loads of merchandise (also referred as 30 pounds rule by Uber), because the majority of food deliveries are in the 5-10 pound weight category. However, in some cases you might be asked to deliver food to a dozen of hungry dockworkers which might result in heavy loads and should be able to handle that situation as well.
- You’ll have to pass the complete Uber background check.
How much do Uber Eats Drivers Make?
It’s quite complicated to determine the actual rate of pay for Uber Delivery Drivers, as it depends on various factors including your area, mode of transportation along with other uncontrollable factors such as whether you hit traffic. Moreover, there’s no proposed hourly pay rate listed on Uber’s official website. Instead, Uber accentuates other benefits like flexible schedules.
But, several reviews on the internet said that drivers usually earn less than the minimum wage as an Uber Eats Driver. On an average, drivers make around $3.5 per delivery. The amount might decrease because of wait times and other delivery delays which breaks down to less than the minimum wage. However, this action is legal as you work as an independent contractor and not as an employee.
Also Read: How Much Do GoPuff Drivers Make
Furthermore, the pay structure for Uber Delivery consists of 5 major factors:
- Pick-up Fee: Pick-up fee is basically a flat rate that you receive every time you pick-up n order from a restaurant. In some cases, a multiplier may be applied to this amount if you pick-up multiple orders from the same restaurant at a time.
- Drop-off Fee: Drop-off fee is also known as Delivery fee. You’ll receive a flat rate as soon as you successfully complete a food order. Moreover, this payout occurs every time you deliver food to a specific location. Hence, you’ll receive the drop-off fee only if you reach a new customer even if you pick multiple deliveries from the same restaurant.
- Distance Fee: Distance fee is based on the distance between the pick-up and drop-off point. However, the Uber App uses the most cost-effective rate. They don’t track the actual distance that you travelled. In fact, they don’t even consider the distance that you travel in order to reach your next pick-up point. Moreover, you must be aware about the fact that Distance fee is not applicable in some cities like New York City and Los Angeles. Hence, you must look into the Uber App to find out whether offers Distance rate in your city.
- Minute Rate: The Uber App also tracks the total time taken by the driver to successfully complete an order. You’ll receive a payout for the total time spent delivering the food orders.
- Fare Reduction and Boost Multiplier: Uber might pay you use sometimes depending upon the city in which you deliver along with the form of transportation that you use to deliver the food orders. For example, if you are an Uber Delivery Driver in New York City and using a car, you’ll receive more per mile as compared to someone using a scooter in Albany.
A boost multiplier comes into the action when the demand is high and there’s a lack driver supply. In these cases, you might receive more money encourage you to drive.
Also Read: Can You Really Make Money with Lyft as a Driver
How to make $1000 a Week with Uber Eats
Most of the Uber Eats Drivers are able to make a decent amount to just afford their daily expenses but your extra efforts will definitely pay off. You can make as much as $1000 a week and even more with Uber Eats depending upon your efforts. Moreover, your earnings as an Uber Eats Driver also depend on the city where you deliver. Here are few numbers that determine your earnings:
- Pick-up Fee: $1.05
- Drop-off Fee: $0.70
- Minute Rate: $0.16
- Distance Fee per mile: $0.42
Uber limits their drivers to work for at most 12 hours a day for safety. You will receive minute rate of $0.16 which equates to $9.6 per hour. Hence you’ll receive $115.2 a day and $806.4 per week by driving 12 hours a day.
Furthermore, if you complete 20 orders a day then you’ll receive $1.05 pickup fee and $0.70 drop-off fee per order, which equates to $35 a day. Hence, you can earn $245 per week by completing 20 orders a day.
Additionally, if you travel 50 miles a day to deliver the food orders then you’ll receive a distance fee of $0.42 per mile, which equates to $21 a day. Hence you can earn $147 per week by travelling 50 miles a day.
Now, adding all the payouts we get: $806.4+$245+$147 = $1198.4
So, this is how you can make $1000 a week with Uber Eats.
Also Read: Best List of Legitimate Work from Home Jobs Hiring Now For Reliable Income
How to Sign-up for Uber Eats Driver?
Signing up for Uber Eats Driver is simple and less time consuming. Just follow these simple steps to sign-up for Uber Eats Driver:
- Open the Uber Eats App or go to their website and fill the required information in the “Sign up now” form.
- Select the city where you want to drive in.
- Now, Uber will list the delivery transportation methods available in your city. These may include cars, bicycles, scooters and walking.
- A checklist of required qualifications will appear on your screen that is based on which delivery method you choose.
- Upload the required documents including photo IDs, driving license, background checks and vehicle registration.
- Read and agree the terms, then click on submit.
- That’s it! You are now all set to deliver food orders across the city.
How Much to Tip Uber Eats?
Tips are becoming more essential these days for the Uber Delivery Drivers as they get less protection and perks than delivery drivers hired by the restaurants as they work as individual contractors. According to a survey, $4 is considered as a good amount for tipping the Food Delivery Drivers.
How to Cancel Uber Eats Delivery?
You can cancel your Uber Eats Delivery without contacting the customer service or the restaurant. You simply have to open the Uber Eats App, navigate to the “Upcoming Orders” tab and select the “Cancel” option. Your Uber Eats Delivery will be successfully cancelled.
Also Read: 6 Ways How Do People Make Money on Instagram: Foolproof Strategies
Uber Eats is definitely a great platform to earn some passive income in your free time or you can even choose it as your full time profession depending upon your location and efforts that you give. Just follow some of the mentioned points to maximize your earnings with Uber Eats and live your life according to your own schedule.
Uber Eats Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
How to delete Uber Eats Account?
Follow these steps to delete your Uber Eats Account:
- Open the Uber Eats app and tap the 3 bars at the top-left. Now, go to the settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap “Privacy”, then tap the “Delete your Account” option.
- Enter your Uber Eats password if asked and your Uber Eats Account will be deleted.
How much does Uber Eats pay?
Uber Eats usually pay around $8-$12 per hour depending upon the type of vehicle along with the city where you deliver.
Do Uber Eats Drivers get paid?
Off course, Uber EatsDrivers get paid for the efforts they give to deliver food orders around the town. They receive payouts that consist of pick-up fee, drop-off fee, distance file, minute rate along with multipliers.
Is Uber Eats delivery free?
Uber Eats offers free delivery on orders over $15 from selected restaurants only.
Is it worth driving for Uber Eats?
It entirely depends on the area you live in. Driving for Uber Eats is absolutely worth it if you deliver in a small town such as Bloomington because you will have to travel small distances to deliver the food orders which will eventually result in lesser transportation and maintenance costs. Moreover, you will be easily able to afford a lifestyle in small towns with those earnings. Whereas, in Mega cities like New York City and Los Angeles, you’ll have to spend extra on transportation and maintenance costs which will result in lesser profits and you can’t afford a lifestyle in such cities with those earnings.
How much do Uber Eats Drivers make per delivery?
Uber Eats usually pay their drivers around $3 per delivery which equates to around $8-$12 per hour if make 3-4 deliveries in an hour.
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
Blog1 week ago
50 Highest Paying Affiliate Programs to Earn Crazy Commission in 2023
Online Job1 month ago
30 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs with No Startup Fee in 2023
Blog1 year ago
Top 15 Best SEO Tools Online to Sky-Rocket Your Productivity in 2023
Blog1 month ago
8 Best Bulk and Mass Emails Software for Email Blast
Blog4 months ago
What is Guest Blogging? And Why it’s Important for Your Blog
Blog7 months ago
10 Best Places to Design and Sell T-Shirts Online and Make Money
Business Software2 months ago
What Is the Best Database Software Now?
Blog2 weeks ago
15 Genuine Data Entry Jobs in India Without Investment in 2023
October 6, 2021 at 10:02 pm
Don’t forget to mention that additional insurance is needed when not engaged at pickup to drop off. Uber, if not mistaken, will not cover you then and your personal insurance will not cover you while driving either while your Uber searches for orders.
Not recommended for the causal driver, but for independent contractors as a full time business venture. Intact provides insurance coverage for Uber (not Skip or DD) allowing personal use of your vehicle as well. Track mileage for tax time deductions.