How Much Does an Uber Driver Make? ( Full Details about Uber Driver, Work, Sign Up and More)
Being an Uber Driver seems like a great side hustle. Furthermore, Uber is actively recruiting drivers through sponsored social media along with several Craigslist advertisements. This could be a great opportunity for those considering becoming an Uber Driver.
However, the costs of driving passengers around the city could be a little higher which might result in lesser profits than you’d think. We hereby conducted deep research to find out whether driving for Uber is worth your time.
What is Uber and who is the Owner?
Uber was founded in March 2009 and today it is one of the most popular ride-sharing companies in the world. Uber is owned by Travis Kalanick, an internet entrepreneur and co-founder of Red Swoosh as well as Uber. Travis Kalanick has a net worth of $2.6 Billion and he is ranked 238th on the Forbes 400 list of richest Americans.
Moreover, Uber is well known for its ride-hailing taxi mobile application. Uber has since emerged as a revolutionary brand, with the Uber App having swept the world, changing the meaning of transportation and providing an exceptional business model.
How to use Uber?
Using Uber is as easy as pie. First of all you will have to install the Uber app on your smartphone. Later you will have to sign-up for a free account. After signing up you will get complete access to the Uber app and its services.
Additionally, you must follow these simple steps to book a ride on Uber App:
- Enter your pickup location along with the destination.
- Select the type of vehicle according to your needs. Uber offers various types of vehicles to choose from such as:
- UberX: Basic ride service for up to 4 people.
- UberXL: Basic ride service for up to 6 people
- Black Car: Limousine style ride-a bit more formal.
- Access: Drivers trained to assist riders with mobility issues.
- After selecting the type of vehicle, estimated time and trip fare will be displayed on your screen.
- In the end, click on book ride and your booking will be confirmed.
How to become an Uber Driver?
Several Americans make their living by driving and most of them are usually truck drivers. But, the idea of utilizing your own car as a commercial vehicle is a career venture growing rapidly these days. With Uber, almost everyone can make living by driving people around the town. Moreover, the requirements to become an Uber Driver are not much strict and most of people should be able to qualify the requirements.
Here are the requirements you must meet in order to become an Uber Driver:
- You must be at least 21 years old and must hold an American Driving License.
- You must have a driving experience of at least 1 year and 3 years if you are below 23 years of age.
- You’ll need to pass a driver screening while applying to become an Uber Driver which includes a review of your driving history along with criminal records.
- You’ll be asked to show proof of your residency along with proof of car registration and auto insurance.
- Your car must meet certain requirements including age of the car, the size of the car along with the condition.
How much do Uber Drivers Make?
This is probably the first question that would arise in your mind before becoming an Uber Driver. Well, you can make a notable amount of money driving for Uber that will be enough for your daily expenses. An average Uber driver makes around $10-$20 per hour which is definitely a decent amount.
Uber also offers cash bonuses to their drivers when they apply to be a part of Uber Careers. Moreover, Uber is also well-known for offering a $500 welcome bonus to Lyft Drivers for joining Uber. Furthermore, there are plenty of opportunities to make money driving for Uber, but that doesn’t mean that you will just flip on the app and expect to make a ton of money. You should be patient and always try driving at different times, different places, and basically go above and beyond what other drivers are doing.
Also Read: Can You Really Make Money with Lyft as a Driver
How much does Uber Cost?
Estimating Uber Rates is very straightforward and the estimation is based on a few simple factors such as:
- Base Fare: A flat fee that covers the pickup price.
- Time: The amount of time spent in the car.
- Distance: Distance travelled by the vehicle during the trip (Doesn’t includes the distance travelled by the driver to pick the passenger).
- Booking Fee: A flat fee that offset Uber’s administrative costs such as background checks, overheads and so on.
- Surge Variable: In case of high demand and lack of driver supply, fares are multiplied.
- Tipping: If you want leave a tip for your driver, the tip amount will be added to the total cost of the ride.
The total ride fare can be calculated by combining all these factors together. According to the official website of Uber, ride fare is calculated by combining all the factors in the following manner:
“((base fare + time rate + distance rate) * surge multiplier)) + tolls and other fees”
The total fare of your Uber ride depends on the type of Uber Car Service you select. For example, the fare of Uber Black will cost you more than the UBerX.
However, the cost of an Uber ride per mile is around $1 to $2, with trips starting at $1 base rates. Moreover, the average fare of an Uber ride is $25.73 while the average fare of a taxi is $29.52.
How to Sign-up for Uber?
Signing up to become an Uber Driver is very straightforward and less time-consuming. Just follow these simple steps to sign-up for becoming an Uber Driver:
- Open the Uber App, in your dashboard click on the “Make Money Driving” option.
- Then you will be required to provide your E-mail Address.
- Then you will be required to choose your city.
- After selecting the city, you’ll be asked the way you’d like to earn. You will have the options to join as a Car Driver, Delivery by Car, Delivery by Scooter, Delivery by Bicycle or Foot.
- Now, you’ll be asked to provide some necessary information about yourself along with your vehicle.
- After you have finished the sign-up process, you’ll receive an e-mail from Uber in a few business days regarding the approval for your application. If your application is approved then you can start driving with Uber.
So, here was a complete guide about the working of Uber and how you can make money driving for Uber. In the end, we can conclude that being an Uber Driver is not a bad career opportunity. However, I won’t recommend driving for any ridesharing company as your full-time profession. You can surely make a notable amount of money driving for Uber which is a good amount for passive income but you can’t rely completely on it to afford a lifestyle in the United States.
Uber Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
How to delete Uber Account?
You can easily delete your Uber Account by following these simple steps:
- Open the Uber App and tap the menu icon at the top left.
- Select “Settings,” then “Privacy Setting”.
- Tap “Delete Account” option.
- Follow the further steps as suggested by the Uber App to complete the process.
How much can you make with Uber?
Your earnings with Uber depends completely on your schedule of working, type f vehicle along with a several other factors. However, an average Uber Driver usually makes around $10 to $20 per hour.
How do I call Uber Customer Service?
Uber operates an Uber Support Line for drivers and riders 24/7. You just have to open the “Help” section and select “Call Support” to speak to the Uber Support Team via the Uber App.
How to schedule an Uber?
You can easily schedule an Uber ride by following these simple steps:
- Open the Uber App.
- Now, tap “schedule” option located just right to the “Where To” Button.
- Provide your pickup information such as pickup date, location, destination, time along with ride type and get a price estimate.
- That’s it!
How to cancel Uber?
You must follow these simple steps in order to cancel your Uber ride:
- Tap the 3 parallel bars at the top left of the Uber App’s home screen.
- Tap “Your Trips” in the menu that pops out.
- Tap the oval that reads “Past” at the top right corner of the screen, then hit “Upcoming.”
- Tap “Cancel Ride”, then confirm the by tapping the box that reads “Cancel Ride.”
Why can’t I schedule an Uber in advance?
The schedule button may not appear to you if you live in an area that isn’t schedulable. You might also receive an error message telling you scheduling isn’t available in your area.
How much does an Uber Driver Make?
According to the reports, an Uber Driver can make as much as $70,000 per year. However, an average Uber Driver makes around $10 to $20 per hour which equates to $1,000 to $5,000 per month.
How much is Uber per Mile?
The average cost per mile of Uber is $1 to $2 with trips starting at $1 base rates.
How to change Uber Password?
Follow these steps to change your Uber Password:
- Open the Uber App and tap “Settings.”
- Tap the bar that displays your name, phone number along with your E-mail.
- Tap “Change Password” option and enter the new password.
- Click “Save.”
Leave a Reply
Leave a Reply
Blog2 months ago
50 Highest Paying Affiliate Programs to Earn Crazy Commission in 2023
Online Job4 months ago
30 Legitimate Work from Home Jobs with No Startup Fee in 2023
Blog1 year ago
Top 15 Best SEO Tools Online to Sky-Rocket Your Productivity in 2023
Blog6 months ago
What is Guest Blogging? And Why it’s Important for Your Blog
Blog4 months ago
8 Best Bulk and Mass Emails Software for Email Blast
Blog2 years ago
How to Delete Postmates Account? Is Postmates Legit? Or Is Postmates Worth It?
Blog10 months ago
10 Best Places to Design and Sell T-Shirts Online and Make Money
Business Software4 months ago
What Is the Best Database Software Now?
April 13, 2022 at 4:42 pm
This is probably the first question that would arise in your mind before becoming an Uber Driver.