Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is one of the most important things for the smooth running of a big website. SEO helps you to get more traffic from various sources and repetitive visitors. Of course, it is not magic. However, it provides a business visibility, branding, traffic, high ROI, credibility, and insight into consumer behavior. It takes a lot of time to master it. But, it is not impossible.
If you want to start a blog and make money with your online business then you need website traffic. And, to get this traffic it is important that you rank on Google for specific keywords.
However, whether you require performing keyword research, auditing your website, doing competitive research, or just wanting to check how well you rank on Google, you should use one of the best SEO tools online.
Of course, taking absolute control over SEO can be hard. And, it is even tougher when you are just a beginner. But hey! Do not forget that today we are living in a digital and social media energized world. We have the free world of the Internet. You can find hundreds of free online SEO tools that can help you to achieve your goals and track them at the same time.
But, to make it easier for you, we have listed out the best SEO tools and compile them here in this blog. These SEO tools are perfect for anyone who is looking to raise their SEO game.
What Are the Best SEO Tools?
So, let us get started with our go-to collection of the best SEO tools to try this year.
Featuring first on the list is SEMRush. It is one of the best SEO Keywords tools for competitor analysis. It helps you to analyze your competitors’ content as well as yours. So, it provides you with robust metrics and allows you to get information regarding first-rate pages, content, and keywords. This SEO tool provides you the best help for SEO, PPC, backlinks, keyword research, SERP, and much more.
- It provides you with competitor research to observe the best keywords, organic competitors, and position changes.
- It has attractive charts, an SEO writing assistant, search engine position tracking, a keyword tool for getting millions of keyword ideas including support for long-tail keywords.
- It also comes with a social media tracker and poster, backlink tools, a content analyzer, traffic analytics, and a site audit to check your SEO health.
- With it, you can do advertising research with ad budgets and keywords and domain vs. domain comparison.
- Users can analyze the strategies of the competitors.
- It helps in performing technical SEO audits.
- It let you find good advertising opportunities for CPC.
- Using it, you can do robust keyword research. So, your content ranks higher on Google Search.
- If you are a newbie, you will find it more complicated.
- You have to pay a hefty amount if you want to use its complex features.
SEMrush offers Pro plan is $99.95, the Guru plan is $199.95, and the Business plan is $399.95. There is also a quote-based Enterprise plan that you can customize according to the specific needs of the entrepreneurs.
The next on the list is Ahrefs. It is one of the best SEO Audit tools. It is a broad-spectrum SEO analysis tool that can assist you with site audit, keyword research, content marketing, and much more. The best thing about Ahref is that it is the second-fastest web crawler along with the best user interface out of all tools on the list. Let us check out a few features of it.
- This tool comes with an insightful dashboard and overall cleaner interface that help you quickly checking the health of your website and where you stand in the search engines.
- It also gives you alerts for backlinks, mentions, and new keywords.
- With it, you will get reports with charts, a content explorer with the best suggestions, a site explorer to see a profound look into backlinks and search traffic.
- This tool has a keyword explorer that helps you in finding the keywords that will give you the best results.
- With this tool, you can do domain comparisons and site audit for a comprehensive crawl of your website.
- It will help you in getting increased visibility and ranking.
- It gives you a crystal-clear backlink analysis report.
- It provides you with the URL rating and helps you in getting historical backlink data analysis tools.
- It helps you in building a content strategy.
If you have your own agency then you will experience a lack of automated client-facing reports.
Coming up next on the list is GrowthBar. Nowadays, it is one of the easiest SEO tools to use on the market. Using it, you can see millions of keyword results, your competitor’s backlinks, Google Ads data, and even Facebook Ads. It comes with a simple user interface and robust data sets. So, it is becoming a preferred choice for entrepreneurs, freelancers, and small businesses. Let us check out a few features of it.
- Using this tool, you can do organic research. You can get an idea of millions of keyword suggestions along with their competitive score.
- You can even have a comprehensive analysis of your competitor’s site including their top keywords, top backlinks, and export any metrics to an Excel-friendly CSV.
- It has a ranking difficulty feature. Using it, you can easily understand how easy or difficult it is to rank for a certain keyword.
- It is very light and easy to use the best SEO tool online.
- You can get fast insights for improved rankings in the SERP.
- Using this tool, you can get word counts and keyword suggestions easily to build your rock-solid content strategy.
- You can do competitive research using this SEO tool.
- You can only use this tool within the Google SERP.
- This tool has a lack of technical SEO metrics and tracking data.
Featuring next on the list is Authority Labs. It is one of the best, highly useful, and user-friendly SEO keyword research tools. Using this tool, you can easily set up several sites and optimize your SEO campaigns. If you want to get location-specific rank to laser target your audience then this tool is the best one to pick. You can even track the SEO campaigns and strategies used by your competitors using this best SEO Audit tool.
- This tool helps you to do both local and global tracking for diverse countries and cities.
- It offers 30 days free trial.
- You can do effective keyword targeting with these keyword research tools.
- This SEO reporting tool helps you to get an in-depth report with daily rank checking that help you analyze where you are standing.
- You can track competitor’s domains and product ranking on different sites using this tool.
- You can even compare mobile ranking to desktop results.
- Using this reporting tool, you can get a detailed report.
- This tool sorts keywords in alphabetic order and the worst thing about it is there is no option to change this filter setting.
Coming up next on the list is Serpstat. It is an all-inclusive platform for search engine optimization. It helps businesses in improving their presence in key SEO areas, particularly marketing, search analytics, PPC, content marketing, and more. Using it, you can discover new keyword opportunities, content ideas, evaluate PPC campaigns, and perform profoundly competitor research. This tool allows you to gather information in the main 5 areas including website analysis, keyword research, backlink analysis, rank tracking, and site audit.
- This lets you do website analysis and keyword research. Using this tool, you can do in-depth SEO and PPC research, keyword research, content marketing, and SERP analysis.
- This tool also helps you in collecting information regarding the backlink analysis of yours and your competitors.
- Using this tool, you can even do a complete site audit. It lets you clean up your website, HTML, page speed, and never lets you miss any potential error.
- It is an all-in-one SEO toolkit that will be able to handle all of your SEO needs.
- The user interface and dashboards are easy-to-understand and use, even if you are a complete beginner.
- Using it, you can create white-labeled reports which are an excellent option for you if you are working on an SEO project on behalf of a client.
- When you pick Serpstat, you can have unlimited users for your account.
- It is quite an affordable tool.
- It provides you with hands-on support.
- Its customer service team can be a little slow while responding during peak times.
- This tool lacks some features like finding a parent keyword from long-tail keywords and vice versa.
- There is no way to evaluate a group of keywords.
- No SEO toolbar or Google chrome extension.
- This tool has no integration with Google search console or Google analytics.
Featuring next on the list is Long Tail Pro. If you want to get high-converting online traffic then this is the best keyword research tool. Using it, you can acquire great keyword suggestions in bulk along with the keyword competitiveness score. If you are a beginner and startups then this tool is the perfect pick for you.
- Using it, you can perfectly organize all your campaigns for multiple projects.
- You can quickly export the best keywords into Excel and import it into the Long-tail dashboard.
- It is the best tool for finding competitive keywords.
- Using it, you can easily generate long-tail keywords.
- This tool does not help you with analyzing backlinks.
- Using it you can do limited manual keyword research and limited seed keyword research.
Up next on the list is SEObility. If you want to monitor your website, this tool is the powerful all-in-one SEO tool. Using it, you can easily improve your SEO rankings. The cherry on the cake is this tool efficiently crawls all the linked pages of a website efficiently and finds issues such as broken links and duplicate content.
- It helps you in tracking keyword ranking as per various demographics and search engines.
- Using it, you can do on-page analysis and keyword monitoring. It helps you in giving proper improvement suggestions to users.
- You can even perform competitor analysis in order to optimize the process.
- This is the best SEO reporting tool that lets you generate regular reports to show a change in the rankings of the websites.
- Using this tool, you can check website crawling and do site auditing.
- It comes with a daily updated Google rank tracker.
- This tool checks for link building and backlink checking.
- It monitors your page response time.
- It exports in-depth reports in CSV and PDF format.
- No such cons found yet.
Coming up next on the list is SEOquake. It is one of the most powerful SEO tools and browser plugin that offers numerous SEO metrics. If you want to build strong content marketing strategies then this tool is the best for you. This tool rapidly gives you in-depth information on any website. Using it, you will get important information regarding Alexa rank, domain age, Google rank, SEMrush rank, and a total number of external links.
- This tool gives you detailed information regarding keyword analysis.
- You can even view the complete analysis of the SERP and the result can be exported to CSV format.
- You can even save data into CSV file format from any file.
- Using it, you can do an on-page SEO audit.
- You can even export data into CSV file format.
- Using it, you can examine internal and external links.
- This tool contains high-level parameters which are quite confusing for the new users.
Entirely free of cost.
Featuring next on the list is SEOptimer. If you want to improve your webpage ranking then this SEO audit tool is an ideal pick for you. This tool is quite easy to use, performs on-page optimization, and off-page link building.
- This tool assists you in generating more leads and sales for the website.
- Using it, you can perform a white label SEO audit.
- This tool comes with the SEO crawler that helps you in detecting technical SEO problems by scanning every page of the website.
- The tool used for trend analysis, tracking problems, and bulk reporting.
- This tool is best for content marketing.
- Using this tool, you can do on-page optimization and off-page optimization.
- This tool helps you in performing ad campaign management for getting quick traffic.
- If you want to improve social presence then these social campaigns help you in improving it.
- This tool does not have any mobile app.
The next on the list is LinkMiner. It is one of the most effective backlink checker tools that let you find broken links. Using this tool, you will get information such as DA, Facebook likes, backlinks from Ahrefs, Moz, and more.
- Using this tool, you can easily find Do-Follow or No-Follow backlinks.
- This tool lets you evaluate the strength of the backlinks based on Citation flow, Trust flow, and Alexa rank.
- Using it, you can find the new backlink opportunities.
- This tool helps you in finding the specific types of backlinks and evaluating the strength of the links.
- Some users complaints this tool does not always precisely analyze the power of the backlinks.
Featuring next on the list is Pitchbox. It is a one-stop solution that helps you in streamlining and automating the content marketing process and influencer outreach. Using it, you can easily connect with bloggers, influencers, and content marketing procedures. Therefore, you will get significant link building opportunities.
- Using this tool, you can run campaigns in order to connect with bloggers, influencers, and publishers.
- It provides you with the preset email templates to engage with the prospective leads.
- It allows users to search and filter the results.
- It comes with a product review feature that lets you quickly find a website that does product reviews.
- This tool lets you make data-driven decisions that bring maximum results.
- Using it, you can easily find influencers, bloggers, and publishers.
- This tool is quite slow to load and its navigation is quite complicated.
The prices are quote-based. The basic plan is $195, the Small Business plan is $295, the SEO Agency plan costs $395, and the Enterprise plan is $1500.
Coming up next on the list is Google Search Console. If you want to improve your website’s ranking then you can do it by using this tool. Using it, you can easily fix your site issues related to sitemap and indexing. You can even measure your website’s traffic through this tool. If you want to install it on WordPress, you can do it easily with the Yoast SEO plugin.
- This tool acts as a communication channel that sends you information regarding errors on your website.
- It lets users monitor the XML sitemaps that help them reevaluate and fix their errors.
- It is the best tool for SEO and data analysis.
- You can seamlessly do audience targeting and organic performance monitoring.
- Using it, you can do metadata testing and security monitoring.
- This tool does not provide any information regarding your competitors.
- The latest version of this tool is lacking a few important SEO functionalities.
Free of cost.
Featuring next on the list is Moz. It is one of the best tools for SEO and digital marketing. It is actually an SEO powerhouse. It gives you keyword recommendations, site crawls, performance sights, and much more. You can install this tool’s advanced version MozPro for advanced features and the MozBar browser extension for SEO analysis, Moz scores, and Google SERP information in your browser.
- This tool provides you with information regarding various metrics including Domain Authority and helps you in building additional backlinks.
- It helps you find new keywords with competitor research and SERP analysis
- You can also do rank tracking using this tool.
- This tool crawls all your webpages in order to find any issues or errors.
- This tool helps in boosting website traffic and ranking.
- It let you do link analysis, keyword research, and on-page optimization.
- Using this tool, users cannot explore many keywords.
- Its database and metrics are available for the US only.
Moz offers a 30-day free trial. The paid plans start from $99 per month and range up to $599 per month.
Coming up next on the list is Ubersuggest. We do not think this SEO tool requires any introduction. It is developed by the marketing guru Neil Patel and it holds quite a stellar population in the industry. This is the best free keyword research tool online that let you find the numerous long-tail keywords to increase your content’s outreach.
- Using this tool, you can do content optimization. It provides you with niche-keywords.
- This tool helps you in analyzing what your website competitors are doing and which keywords are helping them to rank better in SERP.
- This tool lets you find the keywords that your target audience is using.
- It helps you in identifying keywords to lift up your search ranking.
- It provides you with comprehensive information regarding the competitive analysis.
- According to us, there is nothing to complain about this tool. It is quite a good free tool.
Free of cost.
Last but not least on the list is Spyflu. Using it, you can discover the most profitable keywords used by your competitors. You can even view every ad campaign run by the competitors and the organic searches.
- This tool lets you keep the track record of the advertisements and also suggest you expansion keywords.
- Using it, you can monitor your PPC competitors.
- It works as an Adword Advisor.
- It also comes with a unique feature of keyword grouping.
- This is the best SEO tool online for spying on your competitor’s keyword strategy.
- Using this tool, you can easily track the ranking of your SEO keywords.
- This is the best tool for influencer marketing.
- This tool helps you in keyword group analysis.
- Some users complain this tool does not always show accurate data.
- This tool’s user interface is quite complicated for beginners.
SpyFu offers three different pricing plans with unlimited access to search results. The pricing plans start from $33 per month and range up to $199 per month if billed annually.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is the best free SEO tool?
Nowadays, there are tons of SEO tools available. However, mostly they do not have as many helpful features that paid alternatives have. But, still if you want to monitor your SEO own, you can make use of the following free SEO tools.
- Google Keyword Planner
- Google Trends
- Google Analytics
- Google Search Console
- Keyword Hero
Can I Perform My Own SEO?
Yes, of course you can do your own SEO if you have proper knowledge about SEO strategies.
How long does SEO Take?
Usually, it takes 3 to 6 months to see results from your SEO efforts. If you are a newbie, you have just started a blog, and your website is new then it will take longer to get indexed than a reputable, high DA site.
How Often Should I do SEO?
SEO is not a one-time effort. It is a long-term marketing strategy.
Anything We Missed?
In nutshell, the above-listed are the best SEO tools online that we have covered in this blog. Of course, these SEO tools help you to ease the process of optimizing your website for search engines. They are always there but what really makes a difference is the effort you put in to make your website the greatest.
You will have to try these tools to understand what works best for you. If you are on a tight budget then these tools have a free trial version that you can use and see if it is worth it or not.
Now, the ball is in your court. So, play it with and score high!
And now, we would like to hear from you.
Are there any SEO tools that you love but did not see on this list?
Or do you have any questions regarding these tools?
Then, either way, let us know by leaving a comment below right now.
Also, share with us which SEO tools you use.