Summarizing large information is the need of students and writers who want to present their ideas with and brevity.
Every now and then, students are asked to write a summary of their text as an assignment. So summary writing forms a pivotal role in the academic career of students.
On the other hand, content writers are well aware of the fact that a simple and short introduction and conclusion will keep their readers engaged. That’s why they always search for means to make a summary.
If you are also scratching your head to create effective summaries, this article will bring insights to you. Let’s begin our journey without any hustle.
What is the summarization and how can you do it?
Summarizing or summary making is the technique to cut off the non-essential information or text from your content to get a to-the-point, short piece of data.
You can do summarization on your written text in two different ways. One way is to use your linguistic skills and write a summary on your own.
On the other hand, you can also ascribe to a summarization tool that shortens your text automatically. Let’s discuss both of them below.
If you are a student or have studied in a school, you will resonate with it. Your teachers often give you assignments to write summaries.
What you do is sit down at your desk and start creating a summary with a pen and paper on your desk.
This is called manual summarization. Lets’ know how you write effective summaries manually.
- 1. Read your textual content passage numerous times. You won`t examine every factor to your textual content, however, you’ll get a indistinct photo of your textual content.
- Having a picture, no matter how much unclear it is, is important. After that, divide the whole information into sections.
- Read every line and highlight the important points. See how the writer has connected developed arguments and connected text with them.
- Once you highlight the important points, jot them down separately.
- You have to avoid any illustrations, examples, or supported text to get succinct content free from details.
- Don’t add any unnecessary jargon or bulky words that confuse the reader. Instead, use simple words.
- Once you get the important points of your text, connect it with other words to maintain a natural flow.
- In this way, you will get a clear and short summary of your text.
Unlike manually writing down a summary, you can move towards online tools like a summarizing tool.
There are a lot of reasons why it is a valuable option for cutting excessive text from your information and getting a brief text.
Since manual work is always time-consuming, it would take a big chunk of your time to write even 4,5 summaries.
Thus, an online tool becomes a priority for students and freelance content writers. Let’s talk about how it does its task efficiently.
- First, find a summary maker that gets the most reviews because such a tool is a trusted one.
- After opening the website, find the input box where you have to add the long information or text.
- After uploading or copy-pasting the text, find the start button and click on it.
- Normally, the tool makes takes a few seconds and will present the result.
Thus, you will get a top-notch summary in a fraction of seconds with online tools.
Why summarizing is important?
The importance of summarizing text can never be denied especially in this age. With that said, summary making is important to us in two different ways.
Summarizing will help you if you are a student. You will develop the ability to analyze yourself critically, get the main points and develop strong cognitive abilities.
Moreover, effective summaries may help you score better in your assignments.
Being a general consumer, you will get to know the main points and in return, you will save your time and resources.
It is not unfair to say that technology has immersed us in data and information. While scrolling through social media apps, searching the web, and reading ebooks you see a bulk of data.
Now it’s pulling hard on our veins to comprehend each article, post, or any digital data easily. However, thanks to AI, you can summarize that text to know what’s written through a text summarizer.
On the other hand, those who write for the web, run a blog or a website may find it easy to present the best information to the users.
Knowing the SEO ranking factors, content writers can provide the summary of theuir text in their introduction as well as conclusions. In this way, the readers will come to know if that article is for them.
They will get engaged and read further. This will increase the website retention time and will impact positively your website’s ranking.
What are the essentials of a good summary?
You might have used an online tool or have written it manually, you must know what the best summary contains.
So, the essentials of a good summary have the following things. Check your summary and if it lacks in one or two points, consider recreating it.
- A good summary cut out the fat from your text. It condenses it. There is a rule of thumb to follow.
Generally, academicians say that a summary should be one-third of the original text. However, the length may vary depending upon the requirement.
- A summary should be easy to read. That is, it should be scalable. You must avoid grammar and spelling mistakes.
- A good summary is relevant to the text. If you mistakenly add some ideas of your own then you must know that the whole practice of summary writing fails.
- Avoid using the first person as written in the original text. Instead, use the third person.
It’s not easy to condense a long text. Thus you need to understand the ins and outs of summarizing your long information into a shorter one.
No matter what you need and why you want to create a summary, you have to follow the afore-mentioned instructions to write summarize your text.